To handle your personal information responsibly and in accordance with the requirements of applicable data protection laws, including the Abu Dhabi Global Market Data Protection Regulations 2015 (“GDPR”). This notice explains how we do this.
In this notice, the term “Sidra Advocates and Legal Consultants” refers to a Sidra office
The Advocacy and Legal Consultants LLC and its subsidiaries from time to time. Considered to Sidra office
Advocates and Legal Consultants LLC is a limited liability company registered in accordance with the laws of the Abu Dhabi Global Market.
Nothing is stated in this notice, and will not, be intended to establish a relationship between the customer and the agent with the people who read this notice. The information provided to us in the context of any relationship between the customer and the agent has a special status and can be protected under confidentiality, the privilege of the customer and the agent, the principle of the agent’s work product and other similar forms of protection (whether in the United Arab Emirates or elsewhere).
IT Personal information that we collect
We can collect personal information from you in light of our business, including through your use of our website, when you communicate with us or request information through us, when you assign us to provide legal services, or as a result of your relationship with any of our employees or clients.
The personal information we process includes:
- Basic identifying information, such as your name, your preferred form of address, the company you work for, your job title or position, your gender, and geolocation data
- Contact information, such as your postal and email addresses, and phone and fax number(s)
- Financial information, such as bank account information needed to process payments
- Technical information, such as information from your visits to our website or in relation to electronic communications we send to you, your unique personal identifier, your
- Information you provide to us in connection with meetings and events we organize, including access and dietary requirements
- Identification and background information we collect as part of our client acceptance procedures
- Personal information provided to us by or on behalf of our clients or generated by us in the course or providing legal services to them
The personal information we collect may include special categories of data.
كيف نجمع المعلومات الشخصية:
- نجمع المعلومات كجزء من إجراءاتنا في قبول الأعمال. تشمل هذه الإجراءات الفحوصات المتعلقة بمكافحة غسيل الأموال والتضارب والعقوبات والسمعة العامة والفحوصات المالية. ربما يتم توفير تلك المعلومات من خلالك أو من خلال أطراف أخرى.
- نجمع المعلومات كلما كانت ضرورية في ضوء تقديم الخدمات القانونية.
- نجمع المعلومات من مراقبة استخدام موقعنا الالكتروني
- نجمع المعلومات من مراقبة مراسلات البريد الالكتروني التي نرسلها ونستقبلها.
- نستقبل المعلومات الشخصية المقدمة لنا مباشرة على سبيل المثال عندما تتحدث في الهاتف مع أي من موظفينا أو تسجل أن تستقبل المراسلات منا.
- ربما نجمع أو نستقبل المعلومات حولك من مصادر أخرى. على سبيل المثال، يمكننا استخدام المصادر المتاحة للعامة أو من خلال أطراف أخرى والتي تسمح لنا بالحفاظ على دقة تفاصيل الاتصال التي نحتفظ بها من أجل أو لتقديم المعلومات المفقودة.
- نجمع المعلومات كجزء من إجراءات العناية الواجبة لدينا عند إبرام أي عقود مع الموردين أو البائعين.
How we collect personal information
- We collect information as part of our business acceptance procedures. Those procedures include anti-money laundering, conflict, sanctions and general reputational and financial checks. This information may be provided by you or by third parties
- We collect information as necessary in the course of providing legal services
- We collect information from monitoring use of our website
- We collect information from monitoring email communications we send and receive
- We receive personal information provided to us directly, for example when you speak on the telephone with any of our personnel or you register to receive communications from us
- We may collect or receive information about you from other sources. For example we may use publicly available sources or third-party vendors to allow us to maintain the accuracy of contact details we hold for you or provide missing information
- We collect information as part of our due diligence procedures when entering into contracts with suppliers or vendors
The grounds on which we process personal information
We process personal information on one or more of the following grounds:
- For the legitimate business purposes described above
- On the basis of consent from the relevant individual
- To perform a contract, including a contract to provide legal services
- For the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims or proceedings
- To comply with legal and regulatory obligations
Other uses in the ordinary course of our business that are permissible under applicable law.
Sharing personal information
Meysan Partners has offices across the region.
Personal information that is given to a Meysan Partners office may be transferred to one or more other offices in our network (including any office we may open in the future).
We may also share your personal information with third parties in accordance with contractual arrangements in place with them, including:
- Other organizations involved in matters for our clients, including local counsel, accountants or auditors, and technology service providers such as data room and case management services
- Suppliers or vendors who provide support services to us, such as translation, photocopying or document review
- IT service providers
- Organizations who assist us or work alongside us in hosting or organizing events or seminars
- Our own professional advisers and auditors
In some circumstances, we may also pass information to regulatory authorities, courts, tribunals, government agencies and law enforcement agencies. We may be required to disclose your information to comply with legal or regulatory requirements. Where possible, we will use reasonable efforts to notify you before disclosing your information, but we may be legally restricted from doing so.
The information sharing described above may involve a transfer of your information from a location within the ADGM to outside the ADGM, or from outside the ADGM to a location within the ADGM. The level of information protection in countries outside the ADGM may be less than that offered within the ADGM. We will implement appropriate measures to ensure that your personal information nevertheless remains protected and secure in accordance with applicable data protection laws. ADGM standard contractual clauses are in place between all Meysan Partners entities that share and process personal data.
Meysan Partners LLP uses a private cloud hosted service for its document management, practice management and accounting systems. The systems utilize state of the art security, encryption, and event monitoring.
Protecting personal information
We use a variety of technical and organizational measures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, alteration or destruction consistent with applicable data protection laws. These measures are reviewed periodically by external assessors who confirm and certify our operations.
Individuals’ rights regarding their personal information
The GDPR and other applicable data protection laws provide certain rights for data subjects. Broadly speaking you have, or may have, the right (as more fully provided in applicable data protection laws):
- to request details of the information we hold about you and how we process it
- to have your personal information rectified if it is inaccurate or deleted
- to restrict our processing of your personal information
- to stop unauthorized transfers of your personal information to a third party
- to have your personal information transferred to another person
- to complain about our processing of your personal information to a local supervisory authority
It is important to be aware that these rights may not be absolute. For example, if you withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal information, we may be able to continue to process your personal information to the extent required or otherwise permitted by law, in particular in connection with exercising and defending our legal rights or meeting our legal and regulatory obligations.
Keeping personal information
We retain personal information of different types, or relating to different categories of people, for different periods, taking into account its business purpose. For example, information about individuals who have applied for employment with us will be retained for a shorter period than information about individuals who have actually worked for us.
The periods for which we retain information are based on the requirements of applicable data protection laws and the purpose for which the information is collected and used. We take into account legal and regulatory provisions which require information to be retained for a minimum period. We also consider the limitation periods for taking legal action and good practice in the legal industry.